- People say I am creative and innovative, practical and inspirational, friendly and calm, and that I am good at making things look beautiful.
- I love using my creative skills to help create beautiful weddings and events for real everyday people.
- I like to keep a positive and optimistic attitude about life.
- I’m obsessed with family history and apart from the odd criminal I’m mainly descended from farm labourers, steel workers, miners, tradespeople, shop-owners and entrepreneurs. Basically lots of hard working grafters!
- When I was six years old I put 2 sparkly beads up my nose as decoration and had to have them surgically removed!
- As a Sheffield ‘lass’ I make an excellent Yorkshire Pudding and love nothing better than to sit with a properly made cup of tea and a rich tea biscuit!
- I have a BSc Degree in Archaeological Science and got the 5th from the top mark in the UK for my Philosophy A level.
- I’m a practising Buddhist, used to be a Buddhist nun and I am actively involved in Interfaith work.
- I have travelled extensively and love exploring other cultures.
- I also have an interest in local heritage projects, theatre productions and community development.
Here’s some other nice things some of my colleagues in the wedding and events business have said about me:
“Having worked alongside Jennie at Hansley Beard for both corporate events and weddings I know that the care and attention to detail she dedicates to each event is second to none regardless of the client or event. Her friendly, approachable manner and ability to remain cool and focused under extreme pressure makes her a pleasure to work with. Jennie has an unrivalled wealth of knowledge and experience which enables clients, venues and suppliers to relax with the confidence that each event will be a roaring success” Kelly Hodgson from The Millennium Galleries wedding venue
"Hansley Beard has an unparallelled capacity for providing exquisite displays and events. The extensive collection of vintage crockery and stylish props that the company is able to provide are perfect for setting the scene at any themed function. Jennie is always a pleasure to work with. She is enthusiastic, professional and very inspiring. Her attention to detail and extensive resources mean that her creations are always beautiful, unique and memorable." Blanche Spataro from Coco Catering
"Having worked alongside Jennie on a number of projects, I can safely say that she puts in 110% effort to achieve perfection, knows exactly how something needs to look, and, most of all, is a pleasure to work with." Jon Dennis from S6 Photography
“Calm, diligent, thoughtful, super professional are all words I would use to describe Jennie without a seconds hesitation. Her fabulous attention to detail matched with creativity and style ensures perfection throughout her work. Her knowledge and willingness to go the extra mile is an admirable quality and one which makes her business the success it is.” Sally from The Chimney House wedding venue
"Jennie is a pleasure to work with, and approaches every project with integrity, honesty and creativity. I have worked with Jennie on a number of functions and photoshoots, and have been amazed by her eye for colour and her talent for styling. She was one of the first to venture into styling and vintage crockery hire in the weddings arena, and has frequently been copied. I would have no hesitation in recommending Hansley Beard to anyone and look forward to working with Jennie in the future." Victoria Watkin-Jones from Victoria Made cakes
"I have worked with Jennie on styled photoshoots and events such as designer weekends and trunk shows. I find her passion for creating the perfect look second to none. Jennie is dedicated to providing exactly what you envisaged, and goes about doing this in a calm, inspiring and professional manner. The pieces Jennie uses to create the required look are immaculate, while her skills and creativity always ensure originality." Chloe Curry from The White Room bridal boutique
"Having worked with Jennie on a number of weddings and events I can honestly say that Hansley Beard is one of the finest suppliers I have dealt with. Jennie's attention to detail and organisation is incredible and her taste is second to none. I always feel safe in the knowledge that our flowers will be complimented perfectly. Jennie is a total pleasure to work with. She understands how our business works making it easy to communicate and share ideas. And that's without even mentioning her treasure trove of amazing props and crockery!" Anna Potter from Swallows & Damsons florists
'Working with Jennie has always been fun and enjoyable. She has a wonderful sense of eye-catching decor and seems to know what will show your event in the best possible light. This is one lady who goes for the best and gives that to you. Highly recommended." Rich Smith from Rich Smith Illustration
A big extra thank-you to all the photographers who have allowed me to use their photos on this website and to all the other great suppliers and venues I have worked with, many of whose work features in the photos.
The Chimney House, The Showroom, The Millennium Galleries, Sheffield Town Hall, Weston Park Bandstand, Kenwood Hall Hotel, The Maynard, Sheffield Botanical Gardens & Ecclesall Woods, Wood Lane Countryside Centre, Chatsworth House